Sunday, April 17, 2011

He's HERE!

Saturday I had my baby shower, afterwards I wasn't feeling well with a back ache and heartburn. I put it off, took a shower and some tylenol...after 6 hours the pain was still there and I was no where near sleeping like I should have been @ midnight. Finally @ 3 I took my BP and it was high 190/99 so I decided with all the problems I should go in. By the time I got to L&D my BP was 222/111. My labs showed my platlets were down and my liver enzyems were elevated. My perinatologist suggested I get the steroid shot to mature Austin's lungs and hang out on Mag in L&D for 48 hours. I wasn't looking forward to it but agreed this was best for baby. Then after an hour my Dr changed his mind and decided we were going to be c/s in 2 hours! Not a crash c/s but before anything went wrong. At 1025AM Austin came into the world screaming (best sound ever!) and was whisked to NICU. He weighed 3lbs 13.5oz (1745g) @ 33wks1day. I got to see him around 5pm which felt like an eternity. He was on CPAP for his immature lungs but doing well.  




Mom's first look






No comments:

Post a Comment