Sunday, April 14, 2013

24 weeks

I feel like these last 2 weeks and flown by and I am almost to 25 weeks (YAH!)  Most of you know I had BP problems with my first pregnancy so I have been really trying to prevent any problems this time around.  I  attend zumba Monday and Thursdays.  If for some reason I can't I try to go to Pilates on Sunday.  I have been pretty faithful until today :(  I had my 24 week check up on Tuesday and for the most part everything is great.  My BP is SLIGHTLY elevated.  This can happen in pregnancy and at 28 weeks is when I did start to notice a problem last time.  I don't need/want everyone nagging me or constantly asking about my BP because that stresses me out more.  To make matters worse I turn 29+, I mean older tomorrow.  Austin's birthday is on Wednesday and I didn't get the new position I was hoping for.  I am one to hold on to stress so I did get a massage and facial on Thursday but we have had some tragic news in our work family just adding fuel to the fire.  So instead of harassing me about my BP cook a healthy low sodium meal for me  LOL (I always enjoy a night of NOT cooking)   I did PASS my glucose tolerance test with flying colors meaning I don't currently have to worry about gestational diabetes (YAH!)  here is a belly picture taken while waiting an hour at the lab
24.2 weeks









If you don't know about this test you have to drink a super sugary orange drink and wait an hour to see what your glucose (sugar) reads.  It doesn't taste awful but its definitely not as good as the Dr. Pepper I haven't had in MONTHS!!!  So on to our survey :)



HOW FAR ALONG? 24.5
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN:  16# from pre pregnancy
STRETCH MARKS? Happily missing
SLEEP? becoming more uncomfortable
SIZE OF BABY: cantalope
MATERNITY CLOTHES? Very comfortable
GENDER PREDICTION: Officially boy, Cohen John
HAPPY OR MOODY MOST OF THE TIME: Happy
BEST MOMENT/S THIS WEEK? Chris FINALLY feeling Cohen, he is stubborn the moment Chris feels he stops
WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK? BP elevated
MISS ANYTHING? Donald Duck @ Hiroba
MOVEMENT? Yup, hiccups this week
FOOD CRAVINGS? Watermelon and pineapple
FOOD AVERSIONS: Nope
LABOR SIGNS? Thankfully not
SYMPTOMS / MOODS? tired, achy=crabby
BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT? almost flat
WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON? On, my engagement ring had to be sent off to get fixed because I smashed it at the gym :(
LOOKING FORWARD TO...? decorating Cohen's room we registered at babiesRus and amazon.com
MILESTONES: We have a viable baby.  At 24 weeks babies start "breathing" through the nostrils but at this time it is amniotic fluid not air ;)




1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Jackie! Just be sure to relax & don't work too hard! Sounds like you have everything (that you can) under control :)

    ReplyDelete