Monday, December 12, 2011

A dose of winter...in Iowa



Like it or not the lives around me continue. This weekend I traveled to Iowa for many reasons. Originally I was going to meet my nephew for the first time and see my family.



Then it dawned on me that my first niece Hannah was turning 11...wow talk about flashback! I remember driving (in a blizzard) to see Hannah in the hospital the day she was born 12/10/00. Also I won't be able to see my family for Christmas so this was my time. Chris just started a new job so he couldn't go and Kaylee was in school so solo I flew (Thanks mom for flight benefits!) I got in Thursday night and to my surprise my brother Scott was there!

He came home before being sent away to Dubai as a surprise for our family. His son is adorable and they are happy to be expecting a little, fingers crossed for a girl, in June.




It was nice to spend time with my family but there is no place like home, with my family. xoxo to my Hawks Chris & Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment