Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome Baby Cohen!


So you might be wondering WHAT THE HECK?  All of a sudden Cohen was here :)  I will be the first to admit I GAVE UP!  Thursday night I walked around the mall, Chris and I had a date night at Olive Garden and did "the deed" hoping to induce labor or even a contraction.  To my disappointment NOTHING happened... Friday morning I woke up discouraged.  We knew Kaylee was coming and that she would only be here for the weekend.  If I went into labor I wouldn't be able to v-bac (vaginal birth after Cesarian) because my Dr was going to be out of town.  The Dr's on for the weekend were not supportive of v-bac's.    I have a close relationship with my Dr and he agreed we could do a c-section at 3:15pm.  I called Chris and told him to come home over lunch.  I spent the morning packing our bags and finishing last minute details because I knew I wouldn't be home for a couple days.  We arrived at the hospital at 1:00pm. 
 

 I was checked and to my disappointment I was barely dilated (I was still holding out hope)  I was having occasional contractions but nothing intense.  I was prepped for the c-sec and we walked to the OR excited to meet our son. 

 


 
 This is the video of Cohen's birth.  It is not gross, you can't see much but Cohen :)

Cohen John born 7.26.13 @ 3:26pm




Proud papa

my co-workers snuck down to meet Cohen

6#10 oz, 18.5"

Jen and I in awe of baby Cohen

picture perfect moment of our newest addition

so in LOVE!

Cohen & Jen

cuddling with dad

Donna, Kaylee, Gary, Cohen & Chris.  4 generations

 
Happy Birthday Cohen
 Kaylee couldn't be more proud and excited she got to be here for Cohen's birthday. 
Proud big sister
 We had family pictures before Kaylee had to leave




















car seat checked...ready to go!
We came home Monday 7/29 and the three of us settled in but Cohen was still struggling with feeding.  we had a wt check appointment and Cohen was down 8% which is normal but was screaming at me when i was trying to feed him.  I followed my gut and after talking to my lactation consultant I took Cohen to my chiropractor.  There was an instant change and I couldn't be happier I had Cohen adjusted.
1 week old

I grew 1/2 inch already!
 On Tuesday 8/6 Cohen lost his umbilical cord so we played with tummy time.
1st tummy time

lounging with mom





















Sometimes I still would rather sleep than eat.  I had a 6 hour stretch and mom was very proud.  Then she got mastitis and decided I shouldn't sleep that long.  She is trying to wake me up but sometimes she can't resist my cuteness :)

waking up to eat is sometimes so hard ;)

I love hanging out with dad

2 weeks I was crabby

first outing at Great Basin one of dad's favorite restaurants

2 weeks is a long time to be away :(
 While I was in the shower Kaylee came running up to tell me I needed to come see Cohen quick.  Chris had laid him on his tummy and apparently he rolled over.  I didn't believe it either so I recorded it.  He has since rolled over on the bed as well...
I like to jump the gun...I'm already rolling over.

our first family walk down by the river.  Cohen slept through it

we both love the Ergo

mmm breast milk
I will try to get better about more timely updates (I always think about updating) but cuddling with Cohen is my new favorite activity.  We have had many visitors, gifts and outings with friends.  We are so appreciative of our friends and family that have showered us with love.  We couldn't be more in love with this little man and are excited to see what tomorrow brings but for now I am enjoying the time I have our new little guy. 




1 comment: