Wednesday, September 11, 2013

6 weeks

Time is FLYING by, I'm so blessed to have had this time at home with Cohen but this week I started searching for child care.  Let me just say I HATE IT.  The thought of going to work taking care of other people and their children drives me crazy.  But the reality is we can't afford for me to stay home :(
Chris started a new job recently and excited for the life long opportunities it will provide for our family.  However with every up there is a down.  He is working on water pumps...in the middle of no where!  The problem is this means traveling and overnight jobs.  I am happy he is happy with this new endeavor but it is hard being home with a new baby and not knowing if my husband will be home at night to help.  Friday night was the beginning of our weekend with Kaylee and Chris didn't get home until 1:00am Saturday.  I'm curious how this will work when I go back to work...
Kaylee started fourth grade and told us all about her first 2 weeks of school.  She likes her teacher even though she is more strict then other teachers.  "Friday's we don't have homework...if we get it done during the week"  Luckily she is very bright and motivated ;)
Cohen is growing so fast.  He continues to show his personality.  He will let you know when he doesn't like something.  

Grandpa Andy

 We tried out the bumbo this week.  He does good for 5 minutes.  Then he gets bored and his head flops over.  We are getting closer to a consistent bedtime routine and even slept 6 hours again last night (I did wake up to pump this time!)  He constantly moves his arms so if he is bundled or swaddled he sleeps much better.








9/7/13 Virgina City camel races


We had a busy family weekend while Kaylee was here.  We attended the camel races in Virgina City on Saturday. 














Sunday morning we left the house at 4:30am! to get to The Great Reno Balloon Races at Rancho.  Everyone was freezing but Cohen who was tucked away in the Ergo
9/8/13 The Great Reno balloon races
Cohen and have been very lucky to have friends who recently had babies.   I have been walking in the mornings at the marina (mama needs to lose some baby flab) socializing with my friends and talking baby while Cohen gets his sunshine and sleeps.  The afternoons on the other hand have been rough!  I read that 6 weeks is the most crying and I would have to agree.  He is growing, my milk is trying to keep up, and he fights sleep.  Luckily he loves his play mat
So now onto a tough subject.  I have had MANY people tell me how much Cohen looks like Austin.  I completely agree.  I want to say THANK YOU.  Thank you for mentioning him, saying his name is remembering him to me; although yes it sad he is not here to play with his brother, I don't want him forgotten.  He is a piece of my heart missing and when people mention him my heart grows a little stronger...
p.s.  I have been continuing to receive your gifts, and cards.  I have every intention of sending out Thank you cards...eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment