"Mary Ann and I have been friends just over 5 years. We met in the beginning of my career on postpartum. She transferred to us and was eager to start her family with Andrew. Shortly after Kierra was born Mary Ann transferred to post op and working opposite schedules we didn’t get to talk much.
I excitedly called her one day to tell her I was pregnant. That was when I found out we were going to be mothers together. On March 29, 2011 I got the pleasure of taking care of my friend and baby Noah. Mary Ann was tired but glowing. She had a loving husband, her sweet girl and now a precious boy. I was still pregnant but we had planned play dates for the boys and couldn’t wait for my son to join the world. On April 17th 2011 Austin came into the world at 33 weeks. He was early and went straight to NICU. Mary Ann was still on maternity leave and checked on me often. Sadly on May 15th 2 days after being home Austin went to heaven. Mary Ann was a constant reminder that she was there for me. She came to my house to talk and was a shoulder to cry on. I can only hope I can be as strong for HER and HER family, as SHE has been for mine.
I know that our Angel babies are causing trouble in Heaven as they would have on earth. I’m sure Noah is happy to not have lines and “owies” He will miss you dearly but I have heard a minute on earth is like 1000 years in heaven and vice versa. He will be eager to see his family when the time comes to join him but until then he is held by God, watched by angels and already has a friend named Austin."
After my speech I broke down but proud that I remained my composure through it. People came up to me after to thank me for sharing and even wanted to say hi because I was the nurse who take care of them. I was told that Austin would be added to their prayers and all though that was not my intention, it was comfort on a very hard day.RIP Noah & Austin!
No comments:
Post a Comment